Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Life in a picture

Why did I pick the picture I have to lead off my blog instead of a cute one like most other people. I like it because of what it tells me about life. It is very all inclusive and helps me to stay focused on what the truly important things are and how to make them a part of my life.

- First of all if you want something worthwhile to happen you need to get your hands dirty. The flowers wouldn't be flowers if they didn't have soil to support them.

- The truly worthwhile things in life are surrounded by thorns. Some of the prettiest flowers I have seen, bloom from the inhospitable cactus.

- Likewise some of the most worthwhile things are in the least likely of places. Who would have thought it could happen when you look at the cactus before it blooms?

- We all rely on everything and everyone around us for our success. Without the roots, the soil, the water and the sunshine we would never have the flower.

- Success doesn't require the perfect situation. It is more what we make of the things we have than making sure we have the best of everything. Does the soil in this picture look like what you would plant your favorite flower in?

- Life is also full of very hard places and things but we must push our way up around them to succeed. Without the support and the effort we would all be just old dry sticks being propped up for looks.

\ - Like the cactus, if we want to succeed and stand out in life we shouldn't simply follow the crowd but look for the perfect location where we can be the center of attention. Who notices one sunflower above the thousands of others in a field covered with sunflowers? On the other hand these beautiful flowers drew my full attention.

Anyway, you get the idea. I look at the parts of this picture and I am reminded of who I am, where I came from and how I got there. Hopefully we are all successful in the things that count the most and enjoy the best that life has to offer.

-

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Interesting, I took a picture of a flower on a cactus yesterday and had some of the same thoughts. One thing I love about cactus flowers (besides the fact that they remind of my childhood) is that they prove to me that our Heavenly Father is truly a loving father. When he cursed the earth with thorns and thistles after Adam's fall He could have made these plants ugly looking to remind us of our mistakes and sins, but he didn't. He made them have beautiful and colorful flowers to remind us how much he loves us anyway.